Introducing TENS Unit Electrotherapy – your ultimate pain relief solution! Experience non-invasive pain relief with TENS and EMS stimulation. This versatile unit offers three TENS stimulation modes, letting you customize pulse width, pulse rate, and timer settings for maximum comfort.
A TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) unit works by delivering low-level electrical impulses to your skin via electrode pads placed on or near the area of pain or discomfort. Here’s how it works:
- Electrode Placement: The first step is to attach electrode pads to your skin. These pads are connected to the TENS unit via wires. You typically place them on the skin surrounding the area where you’re experiencing pain.
- Electrical Impulses: The TENS unit generates electrical impulses or waves. These are mild and typically not painful. When you turn the TENS unit on, it sends these electrical impulses through the electrode pads to your skin and underlying nerves.
- Nerve Stimulation: The electrical impulses stimulate the nerves in the treated area. This stimulation has several effects:
- It can block or disrupt the transmission of pain signals to your brain, reducing your perception of pain.
- It triggers the release of endorphins, which are your body’s natural painkillers. Endorphins can help relieve pain and promote a sense of well-being.
- It may also relax muscles in the area, reducing muscle tension and spasms.
- Adjustable Settings: TENS units typically allow you to customize the stimulation settings, including the intensity (strength) of the electrical impulses, the pulse width (duration of each pulse), the pulse rate (frequency of pulses), and the treatment duration. These settings can be adjusted to suit your comfort and specific pain relief needs.
- Duration of Use: TENS therapy sessions can vary in length, but they are typically used for 20-30 minutes at a time. You can repeat sessions as needed, but it’s essential to follow the recommended guidelines and not overuse the device.
- Safety: TENS units are generally considered safe when used as directed. It’s essential to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or specific medical conditions.
Overall, a TENS unit works by providing a non-invasive, drug-free method of pain relief and muscle relaxation through the use of electrical stimulation.
A TENS Unit can also be used as an EMS unit, aiding in improved blood flow and enhanced range of motion. With its user-friendly design, you’ll find it easy to navigate through the settings using the large LCD display and intuitive buttons.
We’ve thought of everything for your convenience – this TENS unit comes with a flip cover, a protective case, and a handy belt clip, making it your ideal companion for on-the-go pain relief. Say goodbye to discomfort and hello to the BodyMed ZZAEV804 TENS Unit!