Barber DME is now hiring an Inventory Clerk for our Falls Church location.
Thank you for your interest in Barber DME Supply Group. Below you will find the Director of Inventory Management, Shipping, and Warehousing job description. Please read through it to see if you feel that you are a proper fit for the position. If so, please fill out the form below to upload your resume for review by our human resources team.
TITLE: Director of Inventory Management, Shipping, and Warehousing
Company Overview: Barber DME Supply Group, LLC is a renowned Durable Medical Equipment company with a robust presence on 11 military bases across the U.S. We are committed to serving patients worldwide and have become a leader in the industry. We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Director of Inventory Management, Shipping, and Warehousing to lead our team. With 11 store locations, over 30,000 SKUs, and 1,000+ (and growing) shipments per month, this role is critical to our continued success.
Job Summary/Objective: As the Director of Inventory Management, Shipping, and Warehousing at Barber DME Supply Group, LLC, you will take on a leadership role in overseeing and optimizing our inventory, shipping, and warehousing operations. This multifaceted role requires a highly skilled professional with a strong background in inventory management and logistics. You will be responsible for ensuring that our extensive product range is efficiently managed, shipped, and maintained, supporting our commitment to serving patients and maintaining smooth operations across our 11 store locations. This role will also encompass the management of low-volume store location operations and accreditation at Falls Church.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for inventory management, shipping, and warehousing operations.
- Oversee a team responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing medical equipment and supplies.
- Manage and optimize inventory levels, including replenishment and efficient allocation of resources.
- Ensure accurate and timely order fulfillment, including managing a high volume of monthly shipments.
- Implement best practices for inventory control, order accuracy, and shipping logistics.
- Collaborate with suppliers, carriers, and internal teams to improve supply chain efficiency.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with industry regulations and company standards.
- Lead and mentor a team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and high performance.
- Develop and manage budgets, forecasting, and performance metrics for the department.
- Manage low-volume store location operations and accreditation at Falls Church.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proven experience in inventory management, shipping, and warehousing, preferably in the medical equipment industry.
- Strong leadership and management skills with a track record of team development and process improvement.
- In-depth knowledge of inventory control, supply chain logistics, and warehouse operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with internal teams, suppliers, and carriers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- This is a full-time position based at our corporate office or another designated location.
- Occasional travel may be required to visit store locations or attend industry events.
How to Apply: If you meet the qualifications and are ready to lead our inventory management, shipping, and warehousing operations in the dynamic medical equipment industry, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience to [email protected] or go directly online to www.bdmesupply.com.
Barber DME Supply Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability. We value the unique strengths and qualities of all our employees. Barber DME Supply Group, LLC offers competitive benefits and professional growth opportunities.