Barber DME is now hiring an Administrative Assistant for our Falls Church location.
Thank you for your interest in Barber DME Supply Group. Below you will find the Administrative Assistant job description. Please read through it to see if you feel that you are a proper fit for the position. If so, please filled out the form below to upload your resume for review by our human resources team.
TITLE: SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
General: The Administrative Assistant is often the first contact person for our vendors, customers and employees and plays a vital role in projecting and protecting the company’s image and mission. Responsible for greeting vendors, customers and employees, answering phone calls and responding to emails in a friendly, professional manner and providing clerical support services to administration and other departments timely and efficiently.
Responsible To: Chief Operating Officer
- In an average 8 hour day the employee lifts/carries up to 10 pounds frequently.
- In an average 8 hour day the employee stands/walks 1 hours.
- In an average 8 hour day the employee sits 7 hours. (These hours include up to 7 hours of data entry/phone work)
- In an average 8 hour day the employee drives 0hour.
- The employee lifts/carries up to 35 lbs. maximum.
- Must be clean & neat in personal appearance.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Medical secretary or Administrative Secretary experience/certificate.
- A minimum of 8 years in administrative assistant experience.
- Must be able to function as a polite and cooperative team member with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to type at a min of 40 words per min.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle heavy phone, email and communication load.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information exposed to.
- This position is required to be on call.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answers all phone calls/responds to all emails in a friendly, professional manner and directs call/emails to the appropriate staff or communicates messages in a timely manner.
- Projects a positive first impression of our company(ies) by greeting customers in a friendly professional manner and directing them to the appropriate staff.
- Responsible to maintain and respond to correspondences, files, and documents for the Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintains company’s staff meeting records, to include taking minutes at meetings as requested by management, distributing to appropriate staff in a timely manner, and maintaining file copies. Sets up meeting place and necessary details as requested by management.
- Assists management with maintaining, and documenting statistics for database and outcomes. Generate reports as requested by management.
- Responsible to assist with company newsletter, birthday records and notable correspondences for staff and customers.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate by management.